- General Fund – supporting the church’s overall mission and ministries in the community and the world (i.e., program and operating expenses including, but not limited to Christian Education, Mission/Evangelism, Worship, and Administration).
- Claim the Corner Fund – claiming the heritage of the Emory Grove community to provide daily living necessities and spiritual formation to those in need in our community.
- Gwese– supporting our partners-in-ministry in Gwese, Zimbabwe with providing care, clothing, food, shelter, and other essential supplies for orphaned children whose parents have died from HIV/AIDS.
- Missions – supplementing expenses associated with missions/ministry activities (e.g., travel, transportation, and meals.
- Mortgage Payoff – eliminating the outstanding mortgage balance for property purchased as part of our “Transforming the World, Loving the Community, and Committing to Christ” mission and future Claim the Corner vision.
2019 UMC Special Sunday Offerings
- January 20 – Human Relations Day (Sunday before the national observance of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday) strengthens United Methodist outreach to communities in the United States and Puerto Rico, encouraging social justice and work with at-risk youth.
- March 31 – UMCOR Sunday (fourth Sunday in Lent) previously known as One Great Hour Of Sharing, this Sunday enables the United Methodist Committee on Relief to reach out through worldwide ministries of food, shelter, health and peace.
- May 5 – Native American Ministries Sunday (third Sunday of Easter) nurtures mission with Native Americans and provides scholarships for United Methodist Native American seminarians.
- June 16 – Peace With Justice Sunday (first Sunday after Pentecost) enables The United Methodist Church to have a voice in advocating for peace and justice through a broad spectrum of global programs.
- October 6 –World Communion Sunday (first Sunday of October) provides scholarships for U.S. racial- and ethnic-minority students and international students, on both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- November 24 – United Methodist Student Day (last Sunday of November) furnishes scholarships and loans for students attending United Methodist-related and other accredited colleges and universities.
Emory Grove United Methodist Church is a tax exempt, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your generosity is greatly appreciated and is tax deductible as allowed by law.